The story behind the song 'In Your Eyes' in the build up to the release of his New Blood CD where Peter Gabriel's songs have been re-interpreted with orchestral arrangements. Peter talks about ambiguity in love songs, of hearing a spiritual 'layer' in addition to the literal interpretation. The topic of 'Redeeming Culture' has been tackled in a number of previous posts including:
- We might as well be strangers - A song from Keane interpreted as the topic of the nativity
- Hymns and Spiritual songs - Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood 'In the presence of the Lord'
- Music is a Voice of God - Billy Preston and Mary J Blige 'taking it to church'
- Redemptive Rock and Spiritual Songs - 30 Seconds To Mars music, lyrics and engagement
- Art, Music and falling short on GodPod - "There's got to be a better song to sing than this?"
- Redeeming Culture - a video explaining the thinking behind curating mainstream music for church services of worship