Tuesday 17 November 2009

Memorable Musical Moments Meme...


Think of eight memorable musical moments, not necessarily all time favourites, but those when, for example, you felt compelled to wait in the car when listening to this amazing song on the radio because you just had to know who it was by. Or the piece you heard on the tv in a drama that drove you straight onto iTunes to download... (remember once we spent the princely sum of 6s 8d on a vinyl single?!). Optional details for each song give where, why and Spotify or youtube links...

I hereby tag: Maggi Dawn, +Nick Baines, Richard Hall, Jonathan Evens, Tim Chesterton

The Promise You Made – Cockrobin (view)
Inside of you - Alice Martineau (view)
Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap (wow!)
Quanta Qualia - Patrick Hawes (listen)
Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm - Crash Test Dummies (view)
Don't Give Up – Peter Gabriel and Paula Cole (view)
While You See a Chance – Steve Winwood (view)
Belief - John Mayer (listen)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Philip Ritchie said...

No mention of the Thunderbirds theme?

Unknown said...

White Horses - Jacky. This was the first single I ever bought as a child.

The Story in Your Eyes - Moody Blues. This was on one of my brother's albums and I had to go and buy a copy myself.

Autobahn - Kraftwerk. Had this on a cassette tape that I bought on holiday in Cromer. The start of my love of synthesizers.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd. Heard it first after a sleepover at a friends house when I was 14.

King Arthur suite - Rick Wakeman. Another friend sold me the album cos he didn't like it. I played it to death.

Summer Breeze - Isley Brothers. Woke up one Sunday morning in summer and this was on the radio. I love the fuzz guitar.

I Love You, Goodbye - Thomas Dolby. Heard this at 4am in the morning on Radio 1 after I'd split up with my girlfriend and couldn't sleep.

Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Thallis - Vaughan Williams. Heard this on Radio 3 accidently. Fell in love with it straight away.

Anonymous said...

That's a tough one...so many from which to choose! I culled this list from an original 28.

Year of the Cat - Al Stewart - Transfixing. One absolutely cannot stop this song until the end.

Avalon - Roxy Music - Talk about a vibe...

Love Castle - Chick Corea - The master at his best.

The People Who Grinned Themselves To Death - The Housemartins - Just a fun, moving song...caught my attention immediately.

99 Luftballons - Nena - One hit wonder alert...great song and great message. Best in German.

The Analog Kid - Rush - Not a big hit, but masterful musicianship.

Corcovado (Quiet Nights) - Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto w/Astrud Gilberto - Best of the Bossa Nova Getz

New Years Day - U2 - I'd heard of them before this, but this is the song that I couldn't get out of my head...for years.